4.19.2009

healing power

my friend recently told me some bad news about my 10th grade english teacher.  "she's in the hospital for a cyst in her ovaries so she can't ever have babies of her own.  ... dude, that's so terrible.  she's so young too."  obviously shocking news and very saddening.  she had been one of my favorite teachers last year, maybe even one of my favorite teachers EVER.  so the first thing i thought of to do was to make her a mix CD.  last year, my friends started a music appreciation club because they would hang around her classroom and play music and share CDs.  i started to make her CDs periodically too.  she enjoyed them immensely.  so naturally, the best present i could think of was a CD.  i made it this morning and sent it off with one of my friends who has her as a teacher this year to deliver to her, along with my best wishes.

here is the tracklisting:

  1. Jem - Down To Earth
  2. Of Montreal - Oslo In The Summertime
  3. Socratic - Too Late, Too Soon
  4. Imogen Heap - Sleep
  5. Mates Of State - Get Better
  6. Lenka - Anything I'm Not
  7. The Afters - Ocean Wide
  8. AJ Rafael - I Just Want You
  9. Aqualung - Strange And Beautiful
  10. Au Revoir Simone - Fallen Snow
  11. Bat For Lashes - Two Planets
  12. As Tall As Lions - Milk & Honey
  13. We Shot The Moon - Hope
  14. Deas Vail - Shoreline
  15. A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover
  16. Jason Mraz - Lucky (Ft. Colbie Callait)
  17. Plain White T's - 1, 2, 3, 4
  18. Psapp - Part Like Waves
  19. Rachael Yamagata - Be Be Your Love

fittingly, i titled this album "planets dancing," just like my blog name.

[i think i need to explain why i couldn't've just given it to her myself directly.  my city split a four year high school into a 2-year high school and a 2-year senior high.  since i am a junior, i am in a senior high right now, and my teacher is still at my old high school.  that's why i couldn't give it to her myself.]

No comments:

Post a Comment